Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition (BHRC), a program of Fusion Partnerships, Inc., mobilizes community members for the health, dignity, and safety of people targeted by the war on drugs or anti-sex worker policies, and advocates for harm reduction as part of a broader movement for social justice.
BHRC is hiring part-time Outreach Organizers to begin on December 17th, 2018 and work approximately 16 hours per week. Pay is $18-$21 per hour, depending on experience.
The Outreach Organizers will work closely with the Lead Community Organizer to:
● Support outreach to and with various stakeholders, including but not limited to: community members, community-based organizations, public agencies, faith leaders, political figures, researchers, and people with drug use or sex work experience
● Utilize various outreach strategies, including street-based, social media, and community education events, to build awareness of mission and efforts of BHRC and the BRIDGES Coalition for safer consumption spaces, which BHRC co-organizes with several partners
● Provide general administrative support (i.e. meeting logistics, facilitation, note-taking)
● Other responsibilities to be determined on individuals hired and growth of projects
These positions are designed to provide on-the-job training in harm reduction organizing and advocacy using strategies to advance racial equity and social justice. We encourage people with the following experiences and/or identities to apply:
● Personal experience of drug use, incarceration, sex work, homelessness, otherwise being targeted by the war on drugs or anti-sex worker policies
● People from working class backgrounds, people of color, differently-abled people, women, transgender, genderqueer, same gender loving, LGBQ+ people
Qualifications and Expectations:
● Knowledge of and commitment to harm reduction and racial justice
● At least one year experience with outreach, overdose prevention, and naloxone distribution (or equivalent experience)
● Comfortable working independently and collaborating with colleagues and partners
● Expected to participate in and facilitate meetings with project leadership and partners
● Experience with Microsoft Office products and Google Drive applications a plus
● Cover letter and resume should be sent to Harriet Smith at bmoreHRC@gmail.com
● Within cover letter, include a statement of what harm reduction means to you
● Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, November 21, 2018
As a program of Fusion Partnerships, Inc. Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition (BHRC) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants for employment. Fusion Partnerships & BHRC do not tolerate acts deemed to constitute discrimination or harassment based on sex, gender (identity and expression), marital status, family responsibilities, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, immigration status, language or culture, or any other characteristic protected by law.