One of our goals this year is to expand the legislative capacity of our coalition members, and we have four events coming up to provide participants with opportunities to engage in Maryland’s 2018 legislative session. Please join us for one or all of the following FREE events!
– Nurses For Justice is inviting a panel of speakers to discuss safe consumption spaces
– BHRC will be there to speak for a few minutes about 1) What is harm reduction; and 2) updates on Maryland’s SCS legislation and how constituents can voice their support
February 23: Testimony Workshop, 4-6pm @ SPARC (908 Washington Blvd. Baltimore)
– This will be an informal workshop with tips on how to write testimony and give oral testimony in Annapolis. We’ll have lots of time to practice, too!
– Snacks provided
– Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com so we have an approximate head count
– Transportation from Baltimore City provided
– Lunch and snacks provided
– Advocacy 101 training and suggested talking points provided
– Meetings with your legislators and their staff
– Please share with your networks!
March 22: Legislative Lunch and Learn, 10am-2pm @ House of Delegates (6 Bladen St. Annapolis)
– This event is intended for legislators and their staff to attend and learn about SCS, decriminalization, and other active legislation that encompasses a harm reduction framework
– We will give short Harm Reduction and Naloxone trainings
– Lunch provided
– We hosted a very successful lunch and learn last year and dozens of legislators and staff stopped in!
– We could use help with providing short naloxone trainings, admin stuff (OEND paperwork), greeting people as they come in, and just generally showing off our BHRC community – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend and help out!
Tricia Christensen is BHRC’s Legislative Advocacy Coordinator. You can reach her at email@example.com.