BHRC connects students, health professionals, and community members to harm reduction-related volunteer opportunities in Baltimore.
Baltimore City Needle Exchange Program
- The Baltimore City Needle Exchange Program reserves two volunteer positions per year for active members in BSHRC.
- This volunteer opportunity is in high demand, and puts volunteers on the frontlines of harm reduction work in Baltimore City.
Baltimore City Staying Alive Overdose Prevention Program
- BHRC members were trained in overdose prevention and response and volunteered for the Staying Alive program previously.
- BHRC members help to coordinate volunteer days, and directly volunteer their time and skills, for Moveable Feast, a local organization that provides free meals for people in Maryland with AIDS, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
National Harm Reduction Conference
- BHRC was tasked with local community engagement for the 10th National Harm Reduction Conference, which was held in Baltimore MD on October 23-26, 2014. This conference was the most highly attended conference by local community members in the conference’s history.
Transgender Action Group (TAG)
- We are currently accepting volunteers for TAG – a grassroots community initiative known that provides outreach, legal, and other services for trans* street-based sex workers in the lower Charles Village neighborhood. Volunteers are mostly needed for outreach [on foot] during 11pm-3am on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month. Other opportunities may be available for those with special skills or who have mobility concerns.