What is Baltimore Student Harm Reduction Coalition?
BSHRC is a volunteer member-driven organization that strives to be non-hierarchical and consensus-based. We are comprised of one full-time staff member, approximately 30 active volunteer members and a growing network of BSHRC alumni. While the majority of members are students or recent university alumni, membership is open to all “lifelong learners”. Active members regularly attend BSHRC all-group and subcommittee meetings, which are held in Baltimore city.
Current or previous institutional representation includes:
- Goucher College (Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program)
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County (UMBC)
- Howard Community College
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHBSPH)
- Johns Hopkins School of Nursing (JHSON)
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University (undergraduate)
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (UM-SOM)
- University of Maryland School of Social Work
- University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Towson University
BSHRC members have also been employed at the Baltimore City Health Department (Divisions of Community Risk Reduction; Sexually Transmitted Disease clinics), Drug Policy Alliance, Maryland House of Delegates, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Behavioral Health Systems-Baltimore, National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA), and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.